We ARE HOME !

We arrived home on Monday Sept. 26, 2011.  41 days on the road.  What a great trip!

While we were in Munising the fall colors popped out big time on Thursday.  The week end was spectacular.

The turtle eggs looked like there was no disturbance of any kind on Monday when we got home.  The camera batteries were dead and the only pictures were raccoons a squirrels.

Tuesday as we went to leave for an errand run downtown I noticed the sewer system alarm light was on in the garage.  So I spent the rest of the day addressing that issue and we were gone most of the afternoon.  At around 4 pm I was looking in the pond at all of the frogs when I spotted a very tiny turtle.  I looked again a 1/2 hour later and there were now 2 turtles.  Later there were up to 4 turtles at one time visible.

Meanwhile back at the nest site there was a definite tunnel leading to the clutch of eggs.  We kept checking until dark, but no further developments.

I have some pictures of the newborns and will post later once I get a chance to unload the camera.

I have a lot of catching up to do around here.


Comments

Popular Posts