I managed to download some turtle pictures.  As you look at them, keep in mind they are about 24 hrs old and are about 2" long (not counting the tail).  Remember you can click on the picture to see a larger version of them.

The hole in the gravel is where they came out of the egg clutch.  That wasn't there on Monday afternoon when we came home.  What is amazing to us is that they went around to the other side of the house and found our pond.  Well four of them did, there are a lot more unaccounted for.  They either went for the lake or they haven't hatched yet.

In the last picture, it looks like one has found friends among the frogs.  I have some video I may try to get posted in the coming days.

Gloria was wondering if they are born with the snapping instinct, or if it comes on later in their life.  I don't know the answer to that because Gloria, (nor I) tried to pick one up yet.
I may try in a day or so, but for now they struggle to get on a leaf or log to out of the water.  When they get stronger I'll see how feisty they are.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts