More Joshua Tree NP

One of our early hikes in Joshua Tree NP was to an old gold mine operation. When the park service adds lands to the parks any homestead or other types of things are typically left as the find them.   The National Parks Service considers the items left behind as historical artifacts and they just leave them where they are found.  So when we go to the old mine cars, trucks and all manner of equipment can be seen there.  In the picture is an old truck at the mining operation.  What I find very interesting about the picture is the shadow of a person.  At first glance I thought it was the photographers shadow.  But as I recall, to ward off the cold that day, I was wearing a skull cap....
We were the only people there at that time.....So who or what was looking over my shoulder...the truck's driver perhaps???


Comments

Popular Posts