Home Sweet Home

We arrived in Tucson on last Saturday.  The weather could not me better.  &0's in the daytime and high 40's at night.  Lemons, oranges, grapefruit and limes are all ripening allover the campground.  So far I have sampled the oranges.  Fantastic.

We are getting settled in here, our home for the next 3 months.  It's our 3rd visit to this city.  I guess we like it here.  There is plenty for us to do around these parts.

The picture below is from Bosque de Apache.  This yet to be identified critter was on the trail we were hiking.  It is amazing that we even noticed it.  I initially thought it was a grasshopper, but in looking closer at the hind legs I am not so sure, maybe a cicada?

I had my big lens on, but it will focus pretty close so thats what I used.  Normally I would use my 60mm macro for a shot like this.  But I was looking for birds not insects.



Comments

Popular Posts