Wildflowers at Pictured Rocks

In an earlier post I had pictures of ice flows at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.  We didn't go up there to see ice.  It was to see the wildflowers.  I had gotten a phone call alerting me to a forest with a carpet of Spring Beauties.
When we arrived there on Saturday morning we did on fact see the woods blanketed with Spring Beauties and a few other flowers thrown in for good measure.   I pulled off on to a 2 track road for just a short distance and the flowers were on both sides of the road and you could smell them as soon as the car door opened.
Photographing them and doing them justice would be a real challenge.  We had the harsh midday sun and the wind was blowing the flowers around.  I did get a few shots that I was happy with and they are below.  Also below is a link to a side show showing both the flowers and the ice.  Also in t evideo are shots of Gloria and our friends Dan and Joanne.  Enjoy.
Click here for slideshow


Spring Beauties


                                 Spring Beauties and a Downy Yellow Violet
                            Trout Lilly
              Spring Beauty




Comments

Popular Posts