Lunch With Gimpy

Today was a very foggy dreary day.  Gloria was out to lunch with some friends and I was giving my shop a  much needed cleaning.  At noon I went up stairs to get myself some lunch.  As is my custom when ever I walk into the kitchen I looked out the windows at the lake and the yard, and then check the bird feeders.  I had seen 2 black squirrels under the feeder during breakfast.  At lunch time there was a very big black blob of fur under the feeders.  About 200 pounds I would guess.

We call it Gimpy because it doesn't put weight on it's left front leg.  There is some fur missing near the elbow,  it must have had some kind of injury.

We now have 2 feeders missing and the green one is busted up a little.  2 of the mounting brackets are broken off as well.  The missing feeders must be in the woods somewhere, but I think I'll wait for cooler weather to look for them.






Comments

Popular Posts