Catching my breath today

This winter I have been working in the various building trades as we finish the area of our basement that is between our office area and my shop.  The plumber was delayed 2 days and won't be here until Thursday.  So I am catching up on some other thing, one of which is to post one picture per week.  I must be behind on this so I'll post a group of them today.

While in Akron for the polar jump we wen to one of our favorite parks on Sunday after the plunge.  The Nature Realm was having a art thing for kids and Em had been signed up for it.  While she was in class Gloria and I walked the paths in the park.  Of course I had my camera along and took a few pictures ( 100 + ).  Below are the 6 keepers from this shoot.
The first one is through a viewing window, where they have bird feeders set up.  I found a spot without a lot of hand smudges and got this shot.  The second picture is of a stuffed coyote. that was up pretty hight and backlight by an opaque skylight.  I wanted the shot for the challenge of getting it light with available light and strong backlighting.  I am happy with the results, it took some adjustments in Lightroom 5 to get it, but I like the outcome.  If I had it to do over again I would have taken 1 or 2 steps to the left  or gotten a little lower to get his lower jaw in the brighter background.

The cardinal and chickadee were out along the walking paths.  The other shot is a branch budding out a little early.  The tag on the tree indicated it was a  magnolia.  Hope you enjoy them.

It's snowing again, so out I go to move more snow around.







Comments

Popular Posts