D 2 We are west of the Mississippi.......barely

We got an early start ( for us ) and left at 8:30am It was 21 deg, but sunny.  It was above 32 by Indy and reached 53 by St Louis.
I was caught a little by surprised by the magnitude of the predicted snowstorm heading for this area.  We had been watching the wether and the radar with our phones all day.  We decided to get as far west and south as we could for today.  From what we saw we figured we would be near the edge of the snow/rain line.  So we are in the Stanton MO KOA for the night.  About 45 mins west of St Louis.

The weather today was really nice.  Hard to believe such a change is forecasted for the St Louis area.  The last forecast we saw was for 8 -10 inches of snow.

We have had 2 RV events thus far in the trip.

Yesterday event was;  RV's have a large electrical cord that comes out and plugs into a large outlet at campgrounds.  Our cord pushes into the back of the trailer.  Yesterday in to cold I pushed the very stiff cord all the way through the opening into the nether region of the belly of the RV.  I had to lay on the ground and drop the belly cover down to reach the cord and get it back through the hole so it would be available to us at our next stop.

Today after we got set up in the campground, I opened the sliding door to the closet and found all of the cloths that were hanging on the closet rod on the floor along with the closet rod.  Oh well a little repair job before cocktails.

Currently the radar is showing our current location and our route to the southwest as light rain.  The heavy rain and  hail is to our south and the snow is just to our north.  If it keeps tracking that way we may get back underway tomorrow.  If the roads are snowy we will sit tight until things improve.

Oh......I should also mention a little driving episode.  Traffic was light as we approached St Louis so we decided to do like we did in Indy, don't take the loop around the city stay on the interstate and go right through the heart of the city.  Worked OK in Indianapolis,  not so good in St Louis. In St. Louis things go a little tight.  As we approached the city I needed to get form I70 to I44.  I was expecting 2 lanes could merge from one interstate to another interstate.  Maybe be it was because of the construction, but my lane was an exit to a downtown street.  the lane to my left was I 44.  Traffic was baked up and no one would let me in.  So as I was running out of room, I just stopped and sat there blocking traffic with my turn signals on until someone finally let me get over.

Gloria took some more iPhone pictures today while I drove.  I will post a slide show later, the internet here is too slow for some reason.


Comments

Popular Posts