Crossed over to the other side

Of the continental divide that is.
We had a long day and we are now in Gallup NM.  It's just east of the AZ border.  We plan to use this as base for a few days of exploring.  I will try and get some pictures up as time permits.  I have just under 1,000 shots so far, so I need to do some trimming and deleting.
Palo Duro was a great stop for us.  It's the 2nd largest canyon in the U.S.  Our 2 days of hiking was just the ticket for me to get rid of the horrendous cold I started the day before we left home.  THe first day of hiking was in the mid 80's.  That was the first time I felt warm in 5 days.  Yesterdays hike with Al and Anna had temps in the high 60's low 70's.  Beautiful weather.  Todays travel weather wasn't too bad either.  Forecast is for sun the next 3 days.  Temps are looking good as well.

We had authentic mexican cooking for dinner in a small mom and pop restaurant.  $24 for two of us.
You would not believe the volume of business that went through this place while we were there.

Easter Sunday may be a kick back and stay in town day.  So I may get caught up on my pictures a little then.  I may have to pick up some more memory cards while we are here.

We are back on the grid with phones and internet now.  At least in the evenings.

Al and Ann left this morning also.  In Albuquerque we kept on I 40 west while they headed south on I 25.  We may hook back up with them in Zion National Park in a few weeks.
We alos ran into another couple from the Cheboygan Area while in Palo Duro Canyon.  Not someone we know, but while they were walking around the park they saw our Chevy dealers   license plate holder and stopped to say high.

More later...stay tuned.


PS  Just like in Glacier NP....we had naked women in the campground again.  I was watching out the window for deer and turkey and when all of a sudden in a campsite 2 up form us this gal stands along side her car and strips down and changes from her jammies into her clothes.  I did not film this one though.

Comments

Popular Posts