We are back in country

Our Canadian fishing trip was great. Gloria and I, along with Mike and Mickey had a great time.  Caught lots of fish, mostly smaller sized walleye but a few keepers and as you can see in the pictures, Gloria landed a good sized pike ( 28 inches ).  Mike and Mickey both caught a few good sized walleye.  The shore lunch prepared by our guide Dave was fabulous.  The food at the lodge was fantastic.  Traveling today we stopped for lunch at about 1:50pm and it was the first time in 4 days that I was actually hungry.  I am afraid to weigh myself.
I love flying in float planes.  Our ride back to Wawa today was great. Just as soon as we were safely above the trees the pilot did a sharp bank to the left and we were in a straight line headed for Wawa Ontario.  Then it was a quick decent from 4500 ft to Wawa Lake for the landing.  No one at the dock to catch the plane, so the pilot got out on the pontoon and jumped to the dock and secured the plane by himself.  Pretty cool.

Gloria and I  both love being outdoors. Experiencing nature.  This was a very different way of fishing for us and we enjoyed it very much.
I can see more fishing experiences in our future, both fly fishing as well as other forms.  We have for whatever reason, gotten away from fishing as much and we miss it.
As you look at the pictures below you may wonder, what the hell was Tom doing?  Well pretty much running a boat and helping cook the shore lunch...and take a few pictures. But I did catch my fair share of fish.  So no complaints from me ..at all.
 I was the one with the camera, so very few pictures of the trip photographer.












Comments

Popular Posts