Printing

I have been learning to do my own printing at home.  I have had my printer for a few months and working a little bit every once in awhile to learn the ins and outs of this somewhat complicated process.  So far my efforts were mostly trying different papers to find what I like.  Yesterday I set off to print on watercolor paper.  This paper is used by watercolor artist and is not intended for inkjet printers, even high end ones like my Canon Pro 1000.  But it can be done and I like the results.
It will look more like art than a photograph, but thats just what I was hoping for on some of my images.  The texture and thickness of the paper is something I really like.
The fourth attempt was the charm of me today.
The image is of our Golden Retriever "Hobbs".  The image was taken several years ago, maybe a year before he passed.
For testing I am using 6x8 paper for a 5x7 inch image.  Next will be to scale this up to a larger print size.  I can go up to 17x25 inch paper.  Though that size is not common, so 17x22 inch paper, which would be a 16x20 inch image, would be the norm for the largest prints.


Comments

Popular Posts