In the Eastern Time Zone

We are back in the eastern time zone, but about 3 1/2 hours from home.  We stooped for there night in a campground just west of Munising, MI.  It's a campground we know well, right on the shore of Lake Superior, looking at Grand Island.  We had lots of fall color up until about Marquette, not as much color here yet.
So we drove all day and we are still along Lake Superior, just on the opposite shoreline from where we started from this morning. Two states later, but the same lake.  One big lake I say.
The Northwoods of Minnesota is a pretty cool area.  We were there primarily because I wanted to see the work of Jim Brandenburg in person.  He has a gallery in Ely MN.  Where he has a home.  Brandenburg has had a major influence on me as a nature photographer and I wanted to see what his prints were like.  I have read two of his books and have a DVD of his, but wanted to see for myself what his work is like. So for me it was worth the time to visit Ely MN.
Traveling by RV and spending time in special areas like the Boundary Waters is always a great experience.  When you add in the fall colors and the people of the upper midwest.....well its just special.


Comments

Popular Posts