Day 2 in Page

Yesterday we ran do to Horseshoe Bend , the Glen Canyon Dam, Safeway and the scenic route along the Colorado River just below the dam.
This morning we went back to Horseshoe Bend for early light photos, then we went along the lakeshore drive of Lake Powell.  This afternoon we went into the Upper Antelope Canyon.  Antelope canyon, both the upper and lower are on Navajo land.  You can only go in with a Navajo guide.  This is a slot canyon.  Today it is dry, other times it can be flooded. It was just extraordinary.  You have to see it, pictures can not do it justice.  Speaking of pictures.  I tried for the 11:30 am Photographers tour but it was full.  We had to settle for the 1:30 pm general tour.  I took my Cannon and tripod, Gloria and the guide used my iPhone.  I think my squaw and indian guide got better pictures than I did.

We are going to a Photography presentation at the Glen Canyon Dam visitors center tonight.  When we get back and if I a can stay awake.....I'll post some pictures form today ( iPhone).

Tomorrow we head into Utah and Bryce Canyon.  A 150 mile drive.  I might get up early for more Horseshoe Bend first light shots.  It is pretty cold at 5:49 am here.

Comments

Popular Posts